Sri Krishna’s Kurukshetra Lila - 6. Swami Krishnananda.

========================================================================


========================================================================
17/01/2020.
Post-6.
========================================================================

Sanjaya said, “I am very glad, Your Highness, that you ask who Krishna is. I will tell you who he is. You cannot even see him, as you are wedded to the sense organs, and he is the master of the senses. One who is the master of the sense organs cannot be beheld by anyone who is a slave of the sense organs; and you want to see him, and you ask me why he is coming. He knows very well the injustice that you have done to the Pandavas by your love for your foolish children. Do you know why he is coming? His intention is to burn the Kurus. He will reduce you all to ashes.”

Dhritarashtra was frightened, “Receive him well. Let the streets be cleaned, let there be festoons, music, a band, and dancing. Receive him gracefully. Let him not be annoyed with us. Receive him well, treat him well.”

All this was arranged, and a wonderful reception was awaiting Sri Krishna.

Duryodhana greeted him and said, “Great Master, you are welcome. A separate palace has been reserved for your stay here. You will rest in the palace today and have dinner with us.”

Sri Krishna said, “Well, I am grateful for your offer. You see, one accepts dinner or lunch, whatever it is, when one is hungry or when food is offered with love even if one is not hungry. But you know very well that I am not hungry, and you do not offer it with love.”

Duryodhana said, “Krishna, you should not speak like this. It is highly uncharitable on your part to speak to me in this stern manner at the very outset, when I am ready to receive you with all affection. What harm have I done to you?”

“You have done everything that you could do. I shall see you tomorrow morning,” replied Krishna.

Sri Krishna went to Vidura’s hut, and was received by him.

“Oh, what a surprise! How is the great Master coming to my hut! What has happened?” Vidura thought. He lost himself completely. He did not know how to receive Sri Krishna. He ran here and there, and brought some bananas. In the joy and ecstasy of merging his soul in Krishna’s presence, he forgot himself completely; he peeled the bananas mechanically, and not knowing what he was doing, gave the peels to Sri Krishna, and threw away the fruit. Sri Krishna went on eating the peels without uttering one word.

Vidura’s wife suddenly came inside and said, “Hey! What are you doing? You are giving the peels to Sri Krishna.”

“Oh!” Vidura wept, and said, “Very great mistake! I lost myself. Here, have the bananas.”

Krishna said, “No, the peels are sweeter than the bananas because your soul offered the peels and your person is offering the bananas. I am satisfied. I don’t want any dinner or anything. I have only come to see how you are. I want to rest here. Tomorrow morning I am going back to the Kuru assembly.”

“You are going to the Kuru assembly? They are very dangerous people. No, this is not good,” said Vidura.

“Don’t worry about that. I shall take care of myself. I have the means to protect myself. I will go,” said Sri Krishna.

To be continued ....
========================================================================



========================================================================

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stabilising the Mind in God: The Twelfth Chapter of the Bhagavadgita-2. Swami Krishnananda

The Teachings of the Bhagavadgita - 8.1. Swami Krishnananda.

Gita : Ch-7. Slo-26.